StartDiscovery doesn't exist
WanYan, Uranus
2008-12-01 01:41:54 UTC
Hello Every Developer;

I am appreciating for your answer my question about "What's the
API different between inadapter-api.txt and dbus-api.txt in
bluez-utils-3.36.tar.gz".

Now I develop application with Bluez 4.x. But something happens
abnormally.
When I call function StartDiscovery over python-dbus, the system raise a
error:

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in
call_blocking message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:
Method "StartDiscovery" with signature "" on interface
"org.bluez.Adapter" doesn't exist

But the SetProperty, GetProperty are all right(These functions all come
from bluez4.x/doc/adapter-api.txt ).

So I think maybe there are some librarys or other things version
too old.

OS version: Suse linux 11, 2.6.25.5-1.1-pae
Daemon name: hcid

So what's the problem? (Need I change the daemon hcid to
bluetoothd? If I need, how to do)

Thank you very much!

Uranus

Marcel Holtmann
2008-12-12 01:54:03 UTC
Post by WanYan, Uranus
[...]
if you develop against bluez-4.x, then please re-read the *-api.txt
documents since some method names changed for the final 4.x releases.

Regards

Marcel